Tuesday, February 01, 2005

JOEL OSTEEN - Something big in Godblogdom?

Michael Spencer has taken on the most succesful pastor in the USA (no it's not the purpose driven Warren) and issued a challenge to Evangelical bloggers ... "out him for preaching a false gospel" (my paraphrase of Spencer's words).

Though I mostly agree with Spencer in his condemnations, I have some reservations on the methods of outing at this time. My concerns deal mainly with Romans 14:4 "Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand."

So, I'll post on this a little latter, after investing some prayer and grey matter in the issue.

Spencer provides two links which were very helpful in framing Osteen's message in its context ... here and here.

(HT: WorldMagBlog)

No comments:

Post a Comment