Friday, March 04, 2005

HONOR DUE - Italian agent dies a hero!

Captive Italian reporter Giuliana Sgrena, after being freed by Italian agents, was almost killed in a shootout at a military checkpoint near Baghdad today. U. S. soldiers mistakenly fired on her rescue convoy thinking it was attempting to run the stop.

The Turkish Press report said an Italian secret service agent, Nicola Calipari, was killed when he threw himself over the freed hostage to protect her from the fire. Sgrena is said to be in the hospital but not seriously injured.

I'm no friend of the communist party, but I praise God the woman was freed. My heart goes out to the family of the slain agent, who died a hero.

The agent is the kind the world needs more of (like Pat Tillman)! It's his kind who come to mind whenever I see these jingoistic jerks (like Michael Moore and Janeane Garofalo) at their left-wing rallies and protests .

I fear, though, our boys will be made international scapegoats in the mishap.

UPDATE #1: And so they are!

UPDATE #2: Hang on, I've a feeling after the dust settles the fabrications and distortions will be revealed for what they are.

UPDATE #3: Okay, so maybe I'm not so glad the poor woman was freed; like a fish too small, I'd like to throw her back.

No comments:

Post a Comment