Tuesday, March 22, 2005

TERRI SCHIAVO - God's not the author of my confusion!!

The news is out, the federal man in black does not see that Terri's constitutional rights have been violated or denied. Now it's off to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals. Someone tell me how the forced killing of another living soul is not a denial of one's constitutional rights?

What is it I am not seeing in this picture? Have I been lied to by the family and the Florida state legislature? Did the US Congress deceive me? What is it that an ordinary man, who puts his pants on just like me ... one leg at a time ... sees something I don't just because he wears a black robe?

How is it so many of us see clearly the issue here and yet I hear an ABC News opinion poll has over 60% of the respondents saying it was a "good" thing to pull Terri's feeding tube? (See update below)

Excuse me, but don't the same pollsters tell us more than 65% of the adult population of this country believe the Bible is the word of God and that they believe in it for instruction? Isn't it unacceptable for true Bible-based, Christ-centered "believer" to agree with the killing of an innocent woman ? Evidently not!

How is it then that the Bible tells us to "consider the interests of others as more important than our own" [Phil. 2:3-4], but the Fox poll tells us the reason they think it is a "good" thing is because the wouldn't want this to happen to them? Isn't that the epitome of selfishness?

Ironic isn't it that the word good comes from a root tied to the word God?

I've long said these polls are not a "good" indicator for the true population of authentic-believers in America because of this kind of confusion! I believe true believers in the USA are around 30-35% ... at least no where near or above 50%!

America you are on a slippery slope and God will chasten you, as soon as He is done with the apostate church! In fact, every day that goes by confirms to me that God is doing just that right now ... chastening America because of the American church!


HT: Evangelical Underground & WorldMagBlog

UPDATE: GOP USA is showing approval ratings (58%) for the government's intervention contrasting those of ABC mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment