Monday, May 16, 2005

MSM - God bless the USA... NOT!

Following my last post, "The rise and fall of the NYT!," I took our adopted daughter to school; I caught Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" before I switched the radio to The Laura Ingraham Show to hear her speak of the real possibility of her own death from breast cancer (pray for her right now).

It occurred to me, the MSM doesn't give a flip about the lyrics to Greenwood's patriotic masterpiece or about what happens to Ingraham; they simply can't identify with what those two isolated events mean because they can't locate the source of such emotions or values.

What's wrong with this picture? What's wrong with the MSM? It is the seedbed from which the MSM recruits its employes ... its future print editors and video bobbleheads.

I'm beginning to see more clearly a country within a country, populated by hundreds of thousands whose basic life values are career, financial achievement, prominence, position, power, and privilege ... all are pointed at self.

I'm seeing another country where (in its simplest terms) we have an equally large populace of those whose values are God, country, mom, the girl next door, pie ala mode, and blogs ... all are pointed at others.

Talk about a cliché? And that is exactly how the blue country worldview sees us, as a cliché!
Three cheers for the cliché!

This view leads to editorial decisions like the Newsweek article on the flushing of the Koran, EasonGate, the coverage of the NC baptist pastor, and liberal coverage of the 2004 presidental election as well as the war in Iraq.

What it will take to re-educate (if at all) the MSM elite I have no idea, but it seems to me we should at least expect them to be more responsible than they have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment