Wednesday, November 23, 2005

COURTS: JUST THE SOUND OF THIS ONE ...

... gets me excited. Once in a while I just need something bizarre coming from a courtroom to remind me I'm normal.
The Texas Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that local property taxes used to pay for public schools amount to an unconstitutional statewide tax.
The justices told the state it has until June 1st to fix the system. One thing I agree with out of this ...
The state argued that great strides had been made in Texas public education over the past decade. It said changes to the funding system should be made by the legislature, not the courts.
At least that is how our system of justice was supposed to work. I take it from the report there is an apparent disparity in the way property tax unfairly disadvantages poorer districts.

KINGDOM IMPLICATIONS: Though Jesus said we will always have the poor with us, He also taught us not to ignore their plight.


RELATED (updated 10:00 PM):
Tax Guide Online
Spirittibee

; ; ; ; ;

No comments:

Post a Comment