Tuesday, November 29, 2005

RANDY CUNNINIGHAM: TODAY I'M ASHAMED ...

... to be a Republican. Though I realize no one has a monopoly on corruption, this really bothers me. To have committed the crimes is bad enough but, when caught, to spend weeks lying to the public and to your constituents, that's not just bad, it's terrible!

Because of the behavior of a few, I no longer have much confidence in the Grand Old Party of the Republic. I believed in Duke Cunningham, for crying out loud; he violated my trust. It's no longer possible to believe what the leadership of my party says. Who's next ... McCain?

Gingrich's affair while in office and his subsequent divorce did not bother me as much as this ... and that bothered me a lot! Will it now turn out that Bush lied? Will be discover that the Rathergate memos are real? Where is this c__p leading?

Laer at Cheat Seeking Missles has an heart-breaking post on the Congressman's fall! CSM, in reporting on Duke's war record, closes with this:
"Too bad that memory isn't the one that will follow Duke to his grave."
Duke was supposed to be a role model for the rest of the Congress, a war hero, and a committed patriot ... but a crooked one all the same. He makes all Republicans look and smell bad. Now when the legacy media claims we're a corrupt party I'll have to agree with them.

Add this to allegations against Abramoff, Libby, Delay, and the Ohio coin collecter fiasco and a few others and we look like descendents of Watergate burglers.

Right Wing News has the latest.


; ; ; ; ; ;

No comments:

Post a Comment