Wikipedia reports tonight on the tragic passing of Western Civilization's life blood - "rock 'n' roll music". I'm sure Muslims, poets, and academics are rejoicing throughout the world tonight.Let's bow our heads and have a moment of silence for this dear friend.
I give you this as it was presented by the popular DIY encyclopedia [sans links] ... you best hurry to see it before the editors pull it down!
Deaths in 2007
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 1 August 2007
- 2 July 2007
- 3 June 2007
- 4 May 2007
- 5 April 2007
- 6 March 2007
- 7 February 2007
- 8 January 2007
- 9 External links
The following is a list of notable deaths in 2007. Links to other years follow.
Names are listed under the date of death, not the date it was announced. Names under each date are listed in alphabetical order by family name. Only those meeting the Wikipedia notability guidelines are listed, with a reference to a reliable source. A typical entry appears in the following sequence:
- Name, age, country of citizenship and reason for notability, established cause of death, reference.
- Causes of death such as "old age" and "natural causes" should not be cited unless stated in the reference.The intent of these pages is to report notable deaths. Tragic deaths, while unfortunate, do not necessarily make the deceased "notable". If you report the death of someone who does not already have a Wikipedia article, please consider starting one.August 2007 
July 2007 
- Rock 'n' Roll, 56, genre of music, declared obsolete by Bob Geldof.
- Ryan Cox, 28, South African professional road racing cyclist, ruptured artery following vascular surgery. 
- Hugo Guerra, 25, Portuguese professional fencer, hit by train. 
See Deaths in July 2007.________________________________________
I am certain Don McLean is chuckling in his hotel room tonight!