Saturday, June 28, 2008

WORLDVIEW: How disappointment and expectations play a role in the development of our worldviews!

My wife and I were discussing the various worldviews of our six children, six very different views. It occurred to us our one and only college graduate had developed the most liberal worldview (college will change your kids, count on it); but a peace filled my mind and heart, for God's word promises a certain outcome.
Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
I told my wife it seemed to me our worldviews were honed on disappointment; we should all understand by now that disappointment results from unfulfilled expectation. The peace comes from the certainty of God's promises ... no disappointment there!

For believers, any and all world-based expectation will breed disappointment, resulting in life-changing experience. I know! That is how my worldview has come to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment