The CRIB's periodically fugacious concerning the scientific & technological ...
- Global warming fix is now certain ... [FOXNews]A group of western Pennsylvania college students are hanging 350 bras, underwear and socks out their dorm windows as part of an environmental message.
- NYT advocates world commitment to 100 trillion dollar expenditure ... to global financial crisis??? No! Duh! To lower global mean temperature by 1 degree centigrade! [NYT; News Busters]
- Same model made to appear 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 ... exceptional combination of photography, cosmetic art, and cosmetology ... clearly a ten! [picdit]
- Six consecutive named hurricanes hit mainland USA for the first time in history; "experts not sure if global warming has anything to do with it." I can clear that up ... NO! (h/t Black Kettle)! [FOXNews]
- 36 PhD candidates perform interpretive dance routines of dissertations ... the result is 36 YouTube sensations [Gonzo Labs; see Science Now for winners and abstracts; h/t FOX News]
- A living hell? Sounds to me like Heaven, but with a memory of our temporal existence (Isaiah 65:17; Revelation 21:3-4).What would it be like to have an immaculate memory, so that every detail of life was instantly inscribed in the brain?A living hell is too gentle! [Der Spiegel; h/t Science Blog]
- Viewing several autopsies while in Junior college was extremely educational; however, witnessing the dual autopsies of twin still borns was the end of the line ... too much for my 21 year-old mind and heart! But to see the autopsy of a relative or friend would have been unthinkable ... in fact this was thoughtless! [FOXNews]
- Darwinist/naturalist fool comes unhinged. [Huffington Post; h/t Aeropagus]
- Are reports of dangerous toys over reaching? [Junk Science]