Saturday, December 11, 2004

In Name Only

D__n! One of the best unsolicited e-mails I've ever received from a friend. According to the intro it was a series of quotes from Andy Rooney on 60 Minutes. It was and still is a hoax; yet, like so many hoaxes, it lives on!

The shame is that it says much which is true (at least that's my opinion). But now that it's revealed to be a hoax the writer loses his credibility, in spite of the fact that it shows a lot of insight and cerebral effort.

For example, the writer says, "I think Bill Gates (Microsoft founder) has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building." I agree with that, but the PC crowd thinks different. That's fine! They have a right to their opinions too!

Unfortunately, far too many people who want me to tolerate them have no interest in tolerating me. Tolerance is like love, in order to have the real McCoy there needs to be reciprocation in the relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment