Friday, January 14, 2005

CONSEQUENCES - The Degenerative Kind

My eighteen year-old, college sophomore, daughter was on the good computer, I was relegated to the "kid's machine." Only her keyboard froze up, mine didn't. "What in the h__l is wrong with this thing?" She growled.

Now, even though I'm a dead serious minister of the Gospel, I'm not prudish when it comes to the use of "swear words" if they're used in the right context. But even with that caveat, I'm a stickler on prurient use of words and I'm also a believer in degenerative consequences.

The Bible tells us "the sins of the fathers" are visited upon the children to "the third and fourth generations." This is just God's way of saying, "What you do in your life will have a ripple effect for two to three hundred years."

Well, perhaps my daughter is reminding me of the consequences of my sins ... especially the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment