Friday, January 14, 2005

HOMOSEXUAL BISHOPS - Regret not Remorse!

Let me see, when I'm sorry I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar, I express regret; that's because I'm sorry I got caught.

And, when I'm sorry I disobeyed mom and put my hand in the cookie jar, I express regret; that's because I know what I'm gonna' get "when dad gets home."

But, when I'm sorry that I'm such a compulsive ingrate and hurt my mom's feelings because she trusted me not to put my hand in the cookie jar, I express remorse; that's because I love my mom and she loves me, and it hurts me to see my mom suffering because of me (and I know what I'm going to get when my dad gets home).

Agape Press is reporting that "Episcopal bishops are expressing 'sincere regret' for consecrating a homosexual bishop without full consideration for overseas Anglicans who objected." Gee, are they ever going to get it when their Father comes home.

In a statement from Salt Lake City, the bishops said they "prayed for forgiveness."

Now let me understand this, they "prayed for forgiveness." Right? That means they sinned. Right? That means Bishop V. Gene Robinson was consecrated in a sinful ceremony. Right? That means his consecration is tainted. Right?

Doesn't that mean he is not a Bishop at all?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe they didn't think it was a sin--maybe they were praying that their "oversea Anglican brothers" would forgive them.
    You see, that eliminates the need to ask.
    Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possible, but don't you think the God is clear on the definition of sin [James 4:17] and the qualifications of a Bishop [1 Tim 3:2; Titus 1:6]?

    You'd think an official ecclesiastical group would know both, and know when they were out of line with one or the other.

    Do you think maybe their actions reveal an absence of the fear of God [Rom. 3:18] and respect for His word [Heb 4:11-13]?

    ReplyDelete