Thursday, January 13, 2005

COUNTRY WESTERN SUICIDE

My wife and I are country music fans, actually she is, and I’m a bluegrass nut. We watched the "Flame Worthy" video awards recently; it was hosted by Dolly Parton. If I've ever seen an industry hell bent of killing itself off, it's that one.

The event was broadcast in prime time by Country Music Television (CMT) and showed clips of Rascal Flats' rear view nudity in it new video; gave viewers multiple instances of homosexual pandering; hyped Dolly's off-color sexual innuendos, silly banter, and a gut wrenching boutique of risqué clothing. Hey! I thought Dolly was a "Christian"? Double hey! I thought Dolly was sixty-something?

But the most suicidal event was the pandering to the "blue state" culture by an industry that is totally dependent upon the largess of the "red state" culture. Made me sick! No Hee-haw here!


No comments:

Post a Comment