Thursday, March 31, 2005

TERRI SCHIAVO - A eulogy, an epitaph, an end!

I've no idea whatsoever if I will ever be the same American I was 6 or 7 weeks ago, before I became aware of Terri Schiavo.

Oh, I was aware of her medical and physical situation ... but I, like most busy American's, was unaware of the details of her case. I now know she had ...
  • a husband and a judge acting as co-guardians, contrary to Florida law
  • an attorney selected by her husband representing her in lieu of her ability to obtain an attorney herself who is an active voice in "the culture of death" community
  • a husband with a conflict of interest acting as guardian
  • a court system (not like the one envisioned by our founding fathers) designed by lawyers for lawyers ... who've added earplugs to Lady Justice
  • a legal doctrine (e.g., a court's inviolable finding of fact) more sacrosanct than the Declaration of Independence
  • fewer rights than ANY death row inmate at ANY level of jurisprudence
  • a medical community rife with contradictory opinions which confused the finding of fact in the court's penultimate decision
  • a modified Declaration of Independence on her side ... "endowed by her Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are death, dependency, and the pursuit of selfishness"
  • and the Hounds of Coffinville nipping at her heels to hurry up and die ... how inconsiderate of Terri to inconvenience them so!
I could go on but why try? I reached the point about a weak ago to take my fractured national pride and return to my saddened daily life and continue the fight for the Lord and His Kingdom.

As Terri's life has now ended, let's pray for the Schindler family and be comforted by the words of the Apostle Paul ...

"God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." [Romans 8:28]

Oh, LORD, our God, we now say adieu to our loved one and commit her spirit unto you for all time and eternity, age without end.

No comments:

Post a Comment