Thursday, April 21, 2005

IDENTITY THEFT - The credit industry will not lift a finger to help!

I should have paid more attention to my friend and fellow Alliance member Stacy Harp's April 14 post on identity theft ... now I'm a victim of it! At least my family is!

My daughter has lost a new job because some dingbat named Louanne (aka Loriann) Murphy of Antioch, California, filched my daughter's SSN and used it. Jennifer is just shy of her 21st birthday; this is a heck of a way for her to start her adult life.

And let me tell you, if you want to experience buck-passing first-class, try getting the credit industries or the Target Stores or the federal or state governments to do anything to help her.
Not one of the big three credit agencies has a human at the end of a phone number of e-mail address for us to deal with!

In the mean time, my daughter is virtually unemployable until she gets her background cleared ... and all she has done is get up each morning and lead an exemplary life. Pray for her, please?

UPDATE: So you doubt the power of prayer? I went to my daughter's former employer to see if there was anything I could do to help her get her job back ... her manager was not in (12:30 PM PST). Upon returning to the office I prayed for my daughter and phoned her boss and was told there was nothing anyone could do and it could take weeks to clear up (2:45 PM PST). I posted this post and ask visitors to pray (3:50 PM PST). Phone rings at 9:05 PM PST, its her boss ... the identity theft problem cleared up in record time ... thanks to those who prayed for my precious daughter, and Jesus, thank You for listen to those prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment