Friday, April 01, 2005

TERRI SCHIAVO - The "M" word; the day after!

Inspired by Terri's plight, I will continue to fight for the "right to life" but I haven't yet begun to heal from the pain of what I witnessed my country do, nor have I begun to feel any less complicit in an act of murder.

Representatives of the "culture of death," and even a few spokesmen for the "pro-life" movement, are couching their comments in politically correct terms, trying to avoid the "M" word. I reject those efforts.

Murder is defined as "the unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice." Let me address both parts of this definition.
First, God forbids the taking of innocent life [Exodus 20:12-14]. Terri was innocent. I know this will gag some but I believe it without hesitation.

Second, starvation is medically defined as "a state of extreme hunger resulting from lack of essential nutrients over a prolonged period." Death by starvation takes a long time ... this implies premeditation and the public record supports malice.
As for the "E" word, the dictionary defines execution as "the act or an instance of putting to death or being put to death as a lawful penalty" ... Judge Greer ordered her death as a penalty for her disability.

Look out birth-defective, disabled, weak, and infirm ... you're on the "culture of death" watch list. All you had to do was look deeply into the eyes of Schiavo's attorney and you could see the fires burning to get at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment