Friday, May 13, 2005

PREACHING & TEACHING - Contemplating my novel!

I was up late this morning ... tired you know, it's Friday and I still have many of this week's goals to meet ... steaming mug in one paw, mouse in the other, hanging ten on my Blogboard, catching the curl and contemplating my novel ... when it occurred to me how much the Blogosphere is like the book of Job.

There they are: Job, God's special attention focused on him; Satan, wanting to take Job down for the count; Job's wife, the antagonist (I didn't write it ladies, God did); and the "friends" of Job. What a group!

Well, take your pick; if you're cruising the Sphere, which one are you? I know I'm not the wife or Satan, and I'm not God, that's for sure ... then it occurred to me, three of them talked on incessantly without impressing God or Job, and Job didn't impress God in almost 50 chapters until he heard Him in the storm.

So, I thought again: which of these am ... I out here in the Bloglands? Good question! And I'm going to have to give it some serious thought, later.

But then the curl opened up and I found Milton, over at Transforming Sermons, and Phil, over at The Spirit Formed Life, were on the same wave ... thank You Lord!

I was concerned about not being able to do much serious blogging this morning when God truly blessed me with their posts ... "Leaving our little stories behind" (at Transforming) and "Spiritual Covering, A Vision" (at Spirit Formed).

When I read Milton's offering I was surprised to realize his quote from Texas Theologue was on the money concerning some preaching posts at other blogs recently. Preachers and teachers try so hard to push man's square experience into God's round whole that we miss the point ... it's the whole of God's word that applies to our square lives, not the other way around.

Then I read Phil's offering and oh, sweet Jesus, there it was in white and dark blue for anyone to see ... God's story fitting perfectly into our lives. Oh how awesome is our God ... we are truly the most blessed of His creatures, having been given the ability to think and communicate.

Read Milt first, then Phil, and see if you don't agree with me ... I hope it blesses your socks off like it did me!

HE ALONE IS WORTHY

No comments:

Post a Comment