Wednesday, May 11, 2005

WAR ON TERROR - Some things do need to be explained!

I'm not a war advocate, but I am pro-War on Terror and do think we did the right thing by toppling Sadman Insane.

However, the evil nature and character of politics and politicians always leaves me with a foul taste in my mouth ... I trust very little of it and very few of them.

That said, I believe Molly Ivens was correct in her recent editorial to highlight the release of a secret British memo and I suggest, if nothing else, this one segment from that memo should be explained ....

It seemed clear that Bush had made up his mind to take military action, even if the timing was not yet decided. But the case was thin. Saddam was not threatening his neighbors, and his WMD capability was less than that of Libya, North Korea or Iran.
If Iraq's "capability was less than" the others, why, with the exception of Libya, have we allowed the others to continue on? Like I said, Republican or Democrat, I don't trust any of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment