Thursday, August 04, 2005

CAN YOU CLONE ...

... a soul? There's not enough space in The CRIB to go into the reasons why you can't; but if you could, I'd throw away my bibles and my books and admit the Darwinists have been right all along.

Rabbi Moshe Botschko, head of the Heichal Eliyahu hesder yeshiva, agrees...
In my opinion, a creature born through genetic duplication is not considered human - It is clear beyond all doubt that the life form created in some scientific institution will be an animal that walks on two feet, no more.
According to Botschko, a respected rabbi, the reason for this is that the Creator alone gives man a soul at the moment of conception. But there's no moment of conception in the cloning process.
The implications of Botschko's conclusion are far-reaching: "Anyone who kills a creature of this type will not be indicted, because he has not killed a man," he says.
Let me clarify the reporter's remarks: the implications of the Rabbi's conclusion is not at all far-reaching, but the teaching of God-breathed Scripture is!

Man alone has a life that is vested with a soul. I believe it is the residence of the Imago Dei; I believe it part and parcel of God's love for and honoring man above all creatures. Cloning my friends is an abomination ... no matter the medical benefits derived from it!

HT: Christian Headlines

No comments:

Post a Comment