Wednesday, November 02, 2005

PRAYER: I HAD A MOMENTARY EPIPHANY ...

... today! During our new Bible study in Romans, I was teaching on prayer from Romans 1:9, 10, referencing 1 Thessalonians 5:17, where Paul exhorts us to "Pray without ceasing."

I was explaining to the class that prayer must include asking for forgiveness for our failure to pray unceasingly, since it's virtually impossible for a sinner to pray without ceasing. However, it's possible for a committed believer to maintain an attitude of prayer without ceasing. But even that is extremely difficult unless you live in a monestary.

Since the class is mostly retired women I suggested ways one could pray while one did house work. I suggested they consider dusting. Since we are a small church, I suggested they name their furniture after members of the church; thus, when they dust they could pray the Lord dust up that member's life and allow him/her to shine for God.

Neat, huh?

Later, I asked myself how men might make use of such a technique and I thought of the garbage we take out each night ... ooppss! I promised I wouldn't go there.


; ;

No comments:

Post a Comment