Monday, April 09, 2007

HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS: By Gosh I Think I've Got It!

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and (A)all these things will be added to you.
There are a number of things I try to do each day, both in word and deed. Kind of my liturgy for my daily walk. One of these is to work on seeking first [Matthew 6:33]!

"His Kingdom" is my primary focus; I've not considered having a problem with "His righteousness." Then this morning I had one of my all too infrequent epiphanies. It occurred to me it was impossible to find His righteousness ... God is infinite, ergo so too His "right-doing." Yet, deep down inside, I know what is right and I know what is wrong.

You see, His righteousness (purely spirit-driven) is the opposite of my righteousness (purely flesh-driven); so my unrighteousness is finite. Voila, it is always easier to get a handle on the finite than the infinite ... duh!

What I am saying is this: to the extent I succeed in subduing my flesh, I succeed in uncovering more of His infinite righteousness. Besides - "apart for [Him, I] can do nothing." [John 15:5b]

So this morning I said to myself, "Aha! Aha!"

No comments:

Post a Comment