The CRIB's periodically fugacious concerning the scientific & technological ...
- I'm fascinated by old (even deceased) publications ... this is great ...Google has added a magazine rack to its Internet search engine. As part of its quest to corral more content published on paper, Google Inc. has made digital copies of more than 1 million articles from magazines that hit the newsstands decades ago.[Yahoo! News]
For now, the old magazine articles can be found only through Google's search service for finding digital copies of books. But the Mountain View, Calif.-based company plans to eventually include magazine articles in its general search results.
Users who want to restrict the scope of their inquiries to magazines can choose that option through the book search's "advanced" function.
- Excavation unearths British Mensa ...British archaeologists have unearthed an ancient skull carrying a startling surprise — an unusually well-preserved brain. Scientists said Friday that the mass of gray matter was more than 2,000 years old — the oldest ever discovered in Britain. One expert unconnected with the find called it "a real freak of preservation."[Yahoo! News]
- SANCTITY OF LIFE: OK and rain causes wet grass ... duh? [Black Kettle]
- Faith & Science have been at war for 3 centuries: a commentary. [First Things]
- Somnambulism yes but somnpostalism? Naw! [Telegraph UK; h/t Brain Terminal]
- Ten 2008 health stories FOX News thinks you need to know about ... [FOX News]
- KID'S HEALTH: CDC recommends "23 vaccine injections (item 3) for kids by time they turn 2two years old" What are they thinking? [FOX News]