Friday, May 20, 2005

ANOTHER GOSPEL - And so another Jesus!

I really like Terry Mattingly and his reporting but -- if the guy he writes about in this opinion piece has it right, then thousands of us have it wrong and our preaching is in vain.

I'm curious, how many biblical oxymorons can you find in this quote?

Once a Franciscan priest, now a divorced Catholic layman, Brennan Manning is the only superstar on the evangelical speaking circuit who goes to daily Mass and to confession as often as he can.
Look I'm sick of what the Western branch of the Bride of Christ has become but this is very troubling ... anyone going "to daily mass and to confession as often as he can" is preaching another gospel and another Jesus.

If Manning is "on the evangelical speaking circuit" I'm glad I renounced my membership a few weeks ago, and I'm going to tell my people to stay as far away from the Evangelical Speaking Circus as possible.

It is bad enough to have people you know who follow Beni Hindi but to have your people offered a meal at this guy's religious smorgasbord is too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment