Saturday, August 19, 2006

BLUEGRASS & JAZZ: Want to hear a voice to die for? One which mixes ...

... Bluegrass and Jazz, salted and peppered with some 50s & 60s Oldies, then seasoned with really big names like Skaggs & McCoury ... aw just go on over and visit Cyndi Wheeler and hear for yourself.

Wichita Rutherford in his personal blog said ...
I just heard the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. Here's what happened; Mac Wiseman was recording and Del McCoury's boys Ronnie and Rob were part of the band he'd put together for the session.

Mac called and said "We're at Omni studio, you'd better get down here if you want to hear one of the most beautiful voices you've ever heard."
Me thinks old Witchita was a mite smitten with the lass ...
... there in the A Room was the Bluegrass super group, Blue Highway... and they were playing that jazz standard "Moonlight in Vermont" and then I looked out into the middle of the room and sure enough... there she was.

I'll tell you when she started singing I just about fell over. She had on one of them 50's dresses like the starlets would wear and aaawwww boys... when they were about 1/2 way through the song, we were all teared up and just a mess.
Based on what I heard from my visit, I'd have to say the rest of the story is yet to be written. She has a voice and style that crosses over several genres ... Wheeler is destined for a large following IMHO.

WARNING: Someone convinced Cyndi "skin" sells albums ... I don't agree or approve. In her case her talent and charisma will sell more albums, she'd be wise to acquire a lot more modesty.

Visit Cyndi here and hear!

HT: Wichita's Blog

BLOGGERS BLOGGING:
Superstar

No comments:

Post a Comment