I was noticing the Republican debates are on tonight ... with a huge yawn I moved on. Then I thought ... the reason I'm yawning is that neither party has any public capital with me.
We are like sheep being led to the slaughter. The Apostle Paul tells us ...
- There isn't a "candidate" in either party that could give me the sense he/she is a people's president.
- In fact other than Fred the DA I can't think of a singe politician I have any respect for (perhaps the reason Freddy resonates with many is that he is not a politician).
- There isn't a "candidate" in either party that has any public capital to spend on me.
- There isn't a "Dirty Harry" in the whole bunch; either side of the aisle.
- There is not one - Christian, Jew, Muslim, Atheist or Agnostic - that inspires me with their worldviews, their morals/ethics, their commitment to whatever, or their zeal for what they believe.Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.Man, we've done some REAL evil, cause I'm scared spitless!
Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority?
Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil. Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience' sake.Romans 13:1-5