Friday, April 29, 2005

REVELATION OR REVELATIONS - Still worth watching!

Episode three of NBC's new End Times mini-series Revelations wasn't as good as episode one or even two, but as entertainment it continues to pique my interest.

As I said before, the producers are not claiming the show to be biblical ... just entertainment. And they are achieving their objective as far as I'm concerned. And co-star Bill Pullman's (Dr. Massey) conflicted acting is superb in my opinion.

There are two things that drive me nuts about visual entertainment however: first, night scenes where you can't tell what in the world is going on and, second, actors and actresses who speak in whispers ... it's age discrimination on both accounts. In episode three, Sister Jo (co-star Natascha McElhone) speaks so softly I missed two-thirds of her dialogue ... that is just plain stupid direction.

One thing I love is the show's willingness to quote Scripture and use the name of Jesus unapologetically.

See last two reviews here (episode one) and here (episode two) plus a pre-airing post here.

RATING: as entertainment television - two thumbs up; as biblically accurate docu-drama - half-thumb down.

No comments:

Post a Comment