Saturday, May 21, 2005

REVELATION OR REVELATIONS - The finale ... thank the good Lord!

I guess I should finish what I started, even if the producers of the hit NBC mini-series Revelations didn't.
Part the sixth ended with some explosives but made a kind of phttz-like sound!

I sincerly liked the first two episodes and wasn't really disappointed with episode three but the fourth and fifth seemed contrived until I saw the finale on Wednesday night.

Again, the hard to hear dialogue put the seniors to bed early and the lack of legitimate action sequences drove the young adult crowd to their IM friends following the opening bell.

Here's my take on what went wrong: first, the contrivences; second, thye elevation of Catholicism as the only faith concerned with End Times events; third, the failure of the prison break to do more than "suggest" of global conflict; fourth, the part of the boy Hawk could have been eliminated after episode four and never been missed until the final scene; a slight anti-Protestantism (the prison Chaplin was a main-line fool who abandoned his faith at the first threat); I would have liked to strangle the casting idiot that picked the actor to play the part of the Vatican prelate; and lastly, the end itself was so luke-tepid I couldn't stand it.

Great start, horrible finish! So much money and missed opportunity, so little time to do it ... but they did! I wasn't alone in my sentiments.

You can read my other comments (latest to earliest) here, here, here, here, and here, if you really have the time to kill! Although I must tell you, as a pastor, what I learned from episode three was worth the six hours times ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment